Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's just been one of those days..

I've been laying in bed almost the entire day, completely lacking motivation in all aspects of everything. Almost.

Today, I ate my feelings.

If you've never indulged in comfort food, consider this your pat on the back from me.. And if you have... You understand what I'm talking about.

I have managed to immerse myself in comfort food and mentally justifying every ounce of it I put shameless into my body. Productivity win.

Soup, sandwich, day-ish old Mexican leftovers, chicken strips, and best of all- that pint of my favorite ice cream that I swore I would make last for about a week... Oops.

Another way I know it's just been one of those days? I am SO tired. Can I sleep? No. I've tried rolling over and taking a nap at random times throughout this day, but my mind won't stop compulsively spitting out images, scenarios, or thoughts, thus my contemplation of nothing continues.

What is the worst part of all this? I feel like I can't pull myself out of it.. I know full well that I need to.. I have friends, school, and a life to get back to. But if I can't do it, I know what will.

Reality. My life, my schedule, and my test tomorrow aren't going to slow down or stop because I'm having a pity party. I know that tomorrow morning, I'm going to show up to class with a smile on my face, ready to take on life like normal. I have to. We all have to.

I know I will snap out of it, let's just pray it's sooner than later. After all, I have a test to study for people..







No comments:

Post a Comment