Friday, September 3, 2010

lunch.

Despite the unbearable urge to just pull this blanket over my head and peace out from the world for the next ten hours, I'm DETERMINED to get on track with my words and my days.

I can't fail my own challenge, people. That's just sad.

So without further ado, the Word of the Day is...

Lunch.

One thing you should know about me before I continue: I love food. However, at the moment I can't catch and pin down the exact words to explain my love of food, so I will continue with lunch and save that for another day.

Forget this breakfast-is-the-most-important-meal-of-the-day business. One of the most important parts of my day is lunch. And by the looks of the Union between 11 am and 1 pm, I'm not alone in that sentiment. I love lunch not only for the food, even though that is a predominant aspect of lunchtime itself, but for all the happy and satisfying potential it shows everyday.

Alright enough rambling.

The point I'm trying to drive home here is that I love eating lunch with people. It means so much to me that someone would take time out of their lives to eat and converse with me. Whether it's been a plan for months, or an impromptu decision to not sit alone, lunch with friends brightens my day.

And today, that happened TWICE!

The first was one of those impromptu meetings in the Union that turned into laughs and quality time with people that make me smile.

The second, while not as last minute, was a pretty wonderful fluke. I took a friend to one of my favorite places near campus, to which she had never been. It was wonderful to laugh talk, and of course, eat with her!

So here's some food for thought. If you have a spare minute or two, ask someone to lunch. I mean, if it brightens my day so much, I must not be alone in that. It may brighten yours, or someone else's you may know.


1 comment:

  1. Totally feel the same way. I have a "to-lunch with" list on my phone of people I want to schedule lunch with. Most of these people are like people from camp that I don't get to see very often because we aren't in similar organizations.

    Jesus did a lot of his ministry over meals, by the way. Check out this article from my study bible about it. http://learn.ou.edu/pages/personal/100986/Be%20our%20guest%20-%20LSB.jpg (due to copyright, I'm not able to actually copy and paste, so that's a jpeg screenshot)

    ReplyDelete